- Build a larger marketing database of relevant customers for Fair Grounds, a Churchill Downs Inc. property
- Garner Club House attendance on Wednesdays and Thursdays during the Thoroughbred race season.
- Create excitement for the Fair Ground's 140th year of racing.
- Daytime, weekday attendance declined year-after-year.
- The customer marketing database was antiquated.
Create a unique lunch experience and signature contest that would spur word-of-mouth, amplifying awareness of and excitement for Fair Grounds racing.
- Promoted the new Executive Lunch available at the Clubhouse on Wednesday and Thursdays to the local business community using radio, print, social and email.
- Developed a coin commemorating the 140th year of racing. The coin was only given to those who came to the Fair Grounds for the Executive Lunch.
- Encouraged those who received a coin to register the unique code on the coin at a microsite created for the campaign effort. Upon registering, the user was entered into a giveaway that included an array of prizes, which included a trip to the Kentucky Derby.
- Garnered customer information such as: name, email and address with each entry to enhance the customer marketing database.
- Incentivized coin-holders to pass their unique code to friends/family so they could enter as well. Whenever a new person submitted a code, they were entered into the drawing, and everyone who had previously entered the same code received another entry. The more a code was submitted, the greater the chance of winning for those who had previously entered — hence the name Pass the Luck. The customer marketing database also expanded with each new entry.
Concept Development, Advanced Technological Solutions, Website Development, Copywriting, Advertising Design, POP/POS, Promotional Materials, Marketing Strategy, Photography and Radio Production
Lunch attendance doubled over the six week campaign and the customer marketing database was increased by 15%.